Wednesday, September 1, 2010

ranting

   Let me have my small rant here today. Renewed my driver's license this morning, took me 52 miles to get that done. I started preparing for the new rules two months ago. Obtained a certified birth certificate from Alaska - $20! How did I ever get along for almost 57 years with the one I had I'll never know. Never updated social security card but had documentation for that also. Dug out the old wedding license, wow! first time in again almost 38 years. Glad to know they issued legal documents back in 1972 that still stand up to todays rigorous rules. We use post office box numbers on  all our mail here in little old SD, why? because the United States Post Office dictates that, no home delivery unless you live far enough away from the po. BUT! I was prepared for that also, dug and dug for bills that had our physical address on them.
   Well, let me tell you...this woman at the driver's license counter has been at this awhile, she started discarding my documents right and left, "You're social security card is not original!" (I'm thinking really, has served me well for many years now?) "You're W2 is handwritten" (gosh same one government accepts when I pay my taxes every year?) "This bill only has your husbands name on it" (ah lady, look at the marriage license, he's been paying my bills for 38 years!). On and on she went. But thankfully I had 20 numerous forms with me.
   And this year when it's time to pay my taxes I'm telling ol' Uncle Sam I'm really not who you think I am, find someone else to pay your taxes!


   On the bright side of today...It's a beautiful day outdoors and I have the windows wide open. Got a little cleaning done. Received pdf files on new knitting patterns. And daughter won over 400 flannel squares from Loft Creations generous give away to make charity quilts.
   And best of all! I am who I am... and that's all that I am.     b

2 comments:

  1. I can see your face as the lady discarded your docs one by one...is that smoke coming from your ears?? Next process is your passport!!!!
    I love who you are, so NEVER change!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious Barb. This one should become a comedy show. After 38 years you shouldn't need any of that stuff they should be giving you a medal! I walked down the aisle the same year and it feels like yesterday doesn't it. Glad the patterns arrived safely. Hope you have fun creating Polly and Kate.

    ReplyDelete