Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Buffalo County

   I'm off to Buffalo County to cover their commissioners meeting this afternoon. I have been covering their meetings for 7 years.
   With the Crow Creek Indian reservation within their borders, Buffalo County is considered one of the poorest counties in the country. The three commissioners have a big job trying to stretch those tax dollars and they do it well.
   The courthouse is located in the little burg of Gann Valley. With a population of less than 170 people, you can imagine it's not a very big town.
   But these 170 people are close-knit and very friendly! They just celebrated 125 years as a community and it was a huge celebration.


Isn't this buffalo magnificent?
While I do pass a herd of buffalo on my way to Gann Valley every month, I got this close up shot this past weekend in Minnesota. It was a great opportunity for a picture
as we were cruising down the back highways.
 Mr. B is always so patient when it comes to me
 and my blog photos!   b
 

No comments:

Post a Comment