Thursday, September 30, 2010

Run Chicken! Run!

This was part of my day off yesterday. Chicken Tetrazzini
 I love trying new recipes!


After I deboned the chicken I made my own chicken stock. (I like to use the seasoned rotisserie chickens from the store.) I've done this before but never like this - throwing all the bones along with onions, carrot, celery, garlic and seasoning into pot, boiling and draining. Was easy, economical and very good, I have plenty left over for the next couple of recipes.


Fresh mushrooms, half and half and Parmesan cheese...if it involves cheese, cream and mushrooms it's got to be good, doesn't it?
Oh, and cooking sherry, hiccup!


I'm a big fan of enamel pans for casserole. I've tried all others and always return to my old standbys.
 I have three different sizes!
 Probably bought all three for under $10.

Well, the chicken tetrazzini was very good but not excellent like I had hoped. So I won't be posting the recipe, a better one will have to catch my eye...b

1 comment:

  1. Garlic is the key ingredient!! It will take any recipe from so-so to excellent. Sure looks good!!

    ReplyDelete