Thursday, September 23, 2010

38 years?

Happy Anniversary to my dear husband of 38 years!
Throw in the three years we 'went steady' and we have been together 41 years, wow.


Don't we look great? All young and happy. This photo was taken a few months before we said our 'I do's'. Mr. B was in basic training in Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri. My parents were so thoughtful to take me to visit him there (maybe they were just tired of my mopey face?). He couldn't come off base so our time together was very short. We got married after his basic training and before he shipped off to Ft. Monmouth, New Jersey for AIT training where I eventually joined him. After a few months of AIT we made our way to Ft. Ord, California. It was a great life for a couple of very green kids from South Dakota.

 

This is what the Mr. surprised me with this morning, so beautiful in fall colors. Yup, I would definitely do it all over again with this guy...b


2 comments:

  1. Have yourself a great husband and the best dad around!!! What a couple of lucky ladies we are!!!! Happy Anniversary to the happiest newlyweds I know!
    Daughter b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I don't know any couples that would've survived the wrath of Dad and then went on to last 38 years!!! God Bless ya both, whatever you have...it's certainly inspirational! Keep on lovin each other!
    Sis

    ReplyDelete