Wednesday, September 29, 2010

mums


These spider mums got me to thinking about football mums... the kind your date gave you for the homecoming dance. And then reminded me of the perfect dress I made for our senior homecoming dance in navy with white eyelet lace trim.
It was called a granny dress, maxi length.
Who didn't love the styles from the 70's? Lots of gathers, ruffles and lace, empire waists...and the pretty prints.
 (Did we all look pregnant in these styles?)


I made lots of tops from this pattern. Look at the price of these patterns! $1? Last pattern I bought was marked 14.95 minus 40%. (Don't know who they're kidding with the 40% off?)
Material and notions were affordable also.

My junior prom dress was from the middle dress
out of white dotted swiss with a yellow sash.
All good memories...b

No comments:

Post a Comment