Wednesday, June 9, 2010

pink bloomers




Thought I would share my pink bloomers with you today. I have the light pink rose bush on the south side of house and deep pink rose in our patio area. They just bloom and bloom all season long. I love roses but not the care they require. These mini bushes don't seem to mind my neglect and bloom anyway. Now my other fussy roses! They would like all my attention - lots of water, rose dust, fertilizer and after all that only reward me with a bloom once every several weeks. Oh...but they are beautiful and smell wonderful and in the end always worth a little extra work and lots of patience.
I remember my grandpa always telling us how he loved the name rose and wanted to name one of his three daughters Rose. This story has always stayed with me, I felt sorry that he hadn't. I think it's a much prettier name than Evelyn, Janet or Lila. b

No comments:

Post a Comment