Sunday, June 13, 2010

beading


I received the BeadforLife beads I ordered. I was tempted by one of their beaded bracelets in the Avon catalog after reading this information on them...

BeadforLife eradicates extreme poverty by creating bridges of understanding between impoverished Africans and concerned world citizens. Ugandan women turn colorful recycled paper into beautiful bead jewelry, and people who care open their hearts, homes and communities to buy and sell the beads. The beads become income, food, medicine, school fees and hope.

The BeadforLife members are primarily women who are hard-working and creative. The members come from every tribe in Uganda and represent many faiths. They are young and old, educated and illiterate. The one thing they have in common is that they have suffered from extreme poverty and have lived on about $1 a day...

When I found all this information on the internet I decided to cut out the middleman (Avon) and ordered directly.

I love that they are made out of recycled paper. My daughter has been beading jewelry since her high school days and has made some beautiful things. So I'll ship these up north and hope she can send back some beaded bracelets...b

No comments:

Post a Comment