Tuesday, November 23, 2010

tradition

It's time to dig out my traditional Thanksgiving recipes.
The ones I've been making for years and years,
 and some of those my mother and grandmother
 made for years before I began making Thanksgiving dinner.

   Oh, I know they're not our original recipes, but ones we have all discovered along the way and decided they were good enough to add to our collection for holiday dinners.
   There's the pasta salad using Mom's recipe, a corn (daughter's ultimate favorite) and pie recipe from my sister. Another salad is a German tradition from my grandmother. And a recipe for oatmeal buns that I've recently added. No recipe needed for dressing, but I have added a few of my own secrets to it also. Would you believe I like the jellied cranberries out of the can best?
  Guess I never learned to share in kindergarten because I'll never pass these recipes out of the family.
   It's tradition you know?  b

No comments:

Post a Comment