Tuesday, November 16, 2010

postcards

I love postcards.
And I have a lot of them! I've been collecting them for years.
I always seem to gravitate to the postcard rack
 and have even been known to buy some pretty local ones.
I'm not bashful about asking family or friends to please bring
me one from wherever they're visiting.
Of course postcards from our own trips are the most treasured.

I hope someday the grand kids will appease their old granny
by listening to her rambling stories
 of places she's traveled to.



Our daughter's finance officer made a fast and furious trip this last weekend to Sacramento, California and found time to send me postcards! Isn't he the greatest? We're keeping him around for a very long time. b

2 comments:

  1. Cute post! I would love to go through them all when I am home some time.
    And if I am reading this right, I can ship him your way when he is being a turkey?! Or for sure the next time he plays "Who Let the Dogs Out!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy postcards as well. We have a few from our trips we keep as souvenirs, some intended for keeps, some just never made it out to who we were going to send them to, LOL. Who remembers to bring stamps? I have several old postcards I found in an antique shop, which I love to examine. From the turn of the last century. Fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete