Thursday, November 18, 2010

comfort food

Can you smell it?
Here's a hint - It's one of the best smells in the whole world!
Well, besides freshly mowed grass and lilacs in the springtime..
Or baby lotion on a new baby and Jean Nate cologne!
How about living close to a chocolate factory? No kidding, we did in California.
Have you guessed what I'm talking about yet?

Homemade Bread! of course.
I'm always testing my bread making skills - trying to improve on them. I wouldn't dare make it as often as I would like to, someone has to eat it you know?
But my Thanksgiving test run went very well...

Just the right stickiness to the dough...
perfect rise,
then a nice golden brown bake.
Come on over and share a bun with me!
Aren't the little buns so cute in this new pottery piece my daughter-in-law gave to me for my birthday?
I hope they come out as well next week.   b


1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, they look perfect. If I lived a little closer I'd be over to help you eat them! Do you deliver?

    ReplyDelete