Monday, November 15, 2010

Canada

We were feeling adventurous this weekend
and decided to see the International Peace Gardens
bordering the United States and Canada.
Daughter Knit and Pearl says,
"No passports needed but be sure and bring ID!"
So feeling confident I grabbed my billfold and away we went...

                               The border of the US and Canada runs between these two pillars.
                                            We were able to drive on both sides.


I thought it was awesome to see the border clearing for miles between the trees.

It was a sad moment viewing these steel beams from the World Trade Center.



And now for the rest of the story...
We drove into a line to re-enter the U.S. and I proceeded to dig  out
my driver's license from my billfold only to discover I had left the license
at home after using it to vote with!
Needless to say we spent some intense minutes waiting in line discussing the possibility of not being able to return into the country. The border patrolman was a very stern fellow indeed and informed us we needed passports to return into the country, gulp. After examining our documents and questioning us he issued a serious warning and gave us the green light to return home.
For a few minutes I felt like a woman without a country.   b



No comments:

Post a Comment