Wednesday, November 17, 2010

hemstitching

I finished this sweet pink flannel blanket and started another one on the road to North Dakota last week. I love doing handwork while traveling in the car. Mr. b drives and I stitch and gab. I used to love having our kids to myself in the car, have you noticed that is the best place to get a teenager to talk? Of course that was before mp3 players and cell phones.

I like to keep the crocheting around the edges narrow for a neater look after washing the blanket.
I really can't see a new mom blocking it.

I bought this flannel already hemstitched. Hemstitching will soon be another lost art.
 After all, a hemstitcher ranges in the thousands of dollars.
 I hope my daughter and grandchildren will pick up on crocheting around the blankets and pillowcases someday.  b

1 comment:

  1. Im hoping that someday is soon. I should have had it out while you were here! We definitely need to be closer together!!!

    ReplyDelete