Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pillow Fight

Time out for a 'Pillow Fight'. Daughter Knit and Pearl got me started on making pillow cases and they have proven to be the perfect time out project and so fun and easy to do! I love picking out the fabrics, only fun fabrics work for me. I think the gran-girlie's will love going to sleep on these Winnie the Pooh cases, maybe they'll even go to bed on time, ha.


Sewed this Mary Engelbreit case for a friend's birthday. The words "Well Ain't You Something" and "Miss Smarty" fit her to a T. And whoever came up with the saying "Home Sweet Home" definitely knew her.


The brother loves anything outdoors- hunting, fishing, or just sitting by a campfire. He comes to see us once a year and  for putting on all those miles and using up vacation time I want to say Thank You!


And this one is for his dear wife Anne. She keeps the brothers home fires burning and takes care of their family of three poodles, two of which I pictured a couple of blog posts earlier. They're pretty cute dogs. I think they stole them from the circus!


These are so quick and easy to whip up, I would recommend them as a starter project for beginner sewing and as gifts for all ages. They take a total of one and a quarter yards and if you add a few additional inches to each of the three fabrics you get to add them to your stash! Ain't Life Grand?      b

No comments:

Post a Comment