Tuesday, August 17, 2010

nature's bounty

Look what the daughter and her finance officer
shared with us this weekend?


Some home grown North Dakota produce! (Dang I used up the onions before I could shoot my picture.) Are you thinking what I'm thinking about that zucchini? Homemade zucchini bread using mother's recipe with its secret ingredient? Sorry can't tell - an artist never shares their methods do they? And my mother was an artist in the kitchen. When you were at her table you got fed! While us girls were learning the trade from her there were no fancy gadgets in her kitchen to make cooking faster and easier, nope, not even a microwave. Although since then she has turned into "Queen Gadget" - you name it, she has bought and tried it out. She'll deny this of course...but come to think of it she won't be reading my accusation as she doesn't have Internet access or read blogs and why would she? They're not cooking gadgets!   b

No comments:

Post a Comment