Thursday, July 22, 2010

wipe your paws...

It started with this...

This being a soft yellow vintage chenille bedspread that I was lucky enough to rescue off the back of a dump truck headed to the dump. Men! Right? I managed to save 6 of them, as well as some old hats but missed the aprons, darn. I originally wanted them to cut up into craft projects
 and that is what I did with this one after a lot of pondering.
So I dug out a couple of flannel fabrics that I thought would be fun with the old chenille...


To make these...


Little Scottie dogs. Aren't they cute?
 I put the chenille on one side with the dog patterned flannel on the other.
What a fun, and quick project this was.
And I have lots of chenille left over for other projects. I'm thinking bibs, baby quilts, stuffed bears and rabbits...none of it will go to waste.
Now I just hope I don't see somewhere that this old bedspread was worth big $$.
But then again it's fate was sealed when I found it that day on the dump truck...b

1 comment:

  1. CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!!!!!!!!!
    Where do I place an order??????

    ReplyDelete