Tuesday, July 6, 2010

grandma's quilt


I've been picking out some fabrics that I hope look vintage, like you would find in your grandmother's stash to be made into a scrap quilt. I have a future project in mind for these fabrics which may be over my head but I'm going to start in regardless. Maybe check back here in a year or two, ha.

I love the old quilts best like grandmother's flower garden, Dresden plate, star, basket and log cabin, all made from the family's old clothing. Then these quilts were hand pieced and quilted.

The quilts were meant to be used, not tucked away or put on display. Oh I'm a great saver, not to be mistaken with a hoarder. Is everyone quilty of saving an item of clothing because they don't want to wear it out only to find it again in your closet to outdated to wear? Maybe the next time I find one of these items I'll save it to be made into a quilt... b

2 comments:

  1. CUTE fabrics!!!! Im finishing up the clown tshirts to start in on the machine again soon. Be ready for the "How do I do this" phone call! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Think you should call this quilt Grandma TD's Dress quilt....I can see her picking out any of these designs for a dress!

    ReplyDelete