Wednesday, July 7, 2010

dishrag recipe


I had a friend's mother ask for this recipe/pattern a while ago and I completely forgot! Sorry Kay. Mom wrote it out for me many years ago on the back page of an instruction book I had "First Steps in Knitting" and I have been knitting dishrags and giving them away for many years now. It's an easy pattern, I like that I can visit while I knit, with short rows that I can lay down if I have to in a hurry. While Mom didn't teach me to knit, she had no patience for that or maybe the problem was that I was a slow learner, she definitely inspired me and answered a lot of my questions. And I love that now my daughter is knitting dishrags. I hope I can inspire and teach the granchildren too... b


Cotton Dish Cloth

2 skein will make 3 dish cloths

Cast on 41 sts - knit 8 rows (4 ridges)

Beading row - K5, *yo, k2 tog*

repeat from *to* until there are 4 sts left on needle, k these 4 sts.

Row 10 - k

Row 11 - k5, yo, k2 tog, k to within 6 sts, yo, k2 tog, k4.

Repeat rows 10 to 11 for 26 ridges.

Repeat beading row.

Work 4 ridges (8 rows) in garter st. (k every row).

Bind off.


And at the end of the instructions she wrote - "Now go wash your dishes! Do mine too!"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, an actual recipe given out by Barb!! Put this on the calendar!!!!

    ReplyDelete