Friday, August 23, 2013

Impetuous

It came to me this morning...
that I am about the most impetuous person I know.

Impetuous - Moving with great force; acting with or 
characterized by sudden or rash energy; passionate; ardent.

Yesterday while reading this book...


It's the third book in the series.
Not to bad...very light reading.

But they talked about Dark Mother Bread....
so I stop what I'm doing to look this bread up on the internet.
I love having the internet at my fingertips at all times.

This is what it had to say about the bread-

At Mabon, we celebrate the goddess in her aspect as the crone, or the Dark Mother. She is Demeter, she is  Hecate, she is the wise old woman wielding a scythe rather than a basket of blooming flowers. This honey wheat blend is a delicious way to celebrate the end of the harvest and say farewell to the fertile months of summer. Serve warm with herbed oils for dipping, or with a big scoop of apple butter.

So, being the impetuous person I am...
I headed to the grocery store in order to make the bread with the freshest ingredients.
What's the point of making homemade bread with stale ingredients?

I'm blaming all of this on the beautiful full moon we had last night.


Note to self: Learn how to take moon shots or stop trying.


I had my Dark Mother Bread rising by 6 p.m. (after work)
and I headed out to mow grass...
go barb go!


By 9:30 we were enjoying a warm slice of homemade bread
with peanut butter and honey.


~b

3 comments:

  1. being the impetuous person you are...
    hop in the van and head north!! We will put some bread in the oven, margaritas in the blender and decorate the new house!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you looked up impetuous in your thesaurus you'd find it next to "crazed"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had been around the corner at 9:30 . . . I would have knocked on the door! I liked your moon shot . . .

    ReplyDelete