Wednesday, August 7, 2013

etiquette

This salad is probably my favorite salad.

I wish I could share the recipe but it isn't mine to share...
Our daughter-in-law gave it to me.

And this got me to thinking about recipe etiquette...
Do you share recipes?

1. I never EVER pass on an old family* recipe.
(*A family recipe is one that has been in your family
 for at least three generations. A vow of secrecy
 must be taken to even give it to another family member.)

2. If someone was kind enough to share a recipe with you...
ask their permission to give it out.

3. Don't claim it if it isn't your own. In other words don't put your name on it.

4. If you won't share recipes...don't ask for recipes.

That said...
I will tell you that you can go on-line
 and find a dozen recipes for this Asian salad.

~b

2 comments:

  1. I will try and remember the recipe etiquette. I guess I figure if someone has offered a recipe to me as well as to other friends, I too can share it. I usually use a first name when sharing. I think the only family treasured recipe I haven't shared is my mother's Cornish Pasty. My very favorite and hers was the best. I have not been able to replicate . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharing a family recipe isn't worth the rath from mom when she finds out!! :)

    ReplyDelete