Sunday, December 19, 2010

A third place finish...

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...


Our little electric fireplace comes in at third place.
Mr. b has always said NO to a real fireplace, too much work!
And just not feasible to add a gas fireplace to our home at this point.
So when we bought a new television we didn't know what to do with the space below it in our large entertainment center...so we thought, " How about about an electric fireplace?"
He built the oak surround and I applied the stain and varnish, it's not an exact match but it definitely gets a yellow ribbon in my book...b

3 comments:

  1. Your fireplace looks very nice. I love fireplaces in any form. I've been admiring the ones you can buy at Big Lots which are essentially heaters with wooden mantals, they have them in full-size and smaller sizes. I can just picture one of those smaller ones in a bedroom corner. Okay, I still need a larger home to fit one in, but it will eventually happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I cannot wait to be enjoying the festivities of Christmas in front of it surrounded by the ones I love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A" typical TD, never satisfied with one's own handi-work!! I think it looks awesome, but would like a closer inspection, can I come over New Years Eve???

    ReplyDelete