Monday, December 13, 2010

Once upon a time...

With young grandchildren in the picture this year I decided to dig out some of the old ornaments to decorate our little dining room Christmas tree the way we always decorated when our children were young and before theme trees were popular.

The Mickey Mouse ornament we bought from our first visit to Disney Land and the sailboat from San Francisco is from the same trip. There's a santa painted from the Plant & Plaster Barn my parents operated in the 1980's. The little boy and girl have our kid's name on them. The lineman was given to Mr. b in the day he was actually climbing telephone poles and the baseball santa for all the years he played ball. There's little Hallmark ornaments from my years working in a Hallmark shop.
 Our daughter liked pigs and now so does one of our granddaughters.
It was fun stringing popcorn again, although I missed a certain young girl's help.
Here's to memories...b

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I love this tree! This is my pick for the best Christmas tree of 2010! I look forward to the days when I have little ones and we all get to string popcorn and oh dont forget the ring chains of construction paper!!! Or noodles, or cranberries, or....or....or....to many memories left to made! Daughter B.
    PS 10.5 days!!!

    ReplyDelete