Wednesdays are my day off to sleep in...
usually until 7:30...
and enjoy a late breakfast.
I have been wanting to try
at home for awhile now.
Maple Brown Sugar & Fruit Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon golden raisin
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/4 apple
- Place oats, dried fruit, sugar and cream in jar and cover with one cup of water.
- Screw on the lid and shake to mix.
- If you’re using a bowl, stir it with a spoon and then cover with a plate before microwaving.
- Dice the apple and store in a plastic bag.
- When ready to prepare remove the jar’s lid and microwave the jar for one minute, and stir the contents.
- Then microwave again for about 1minute and 5 seconds.
- Stir in the apples and you’re ready to go!
- Of course, you don’t have to use apples at all. Nuts are a great addition, as are tons of other mix-ins.
Don't be put off by the calories...a whopping 332! It's a large helping...eat half and save the other half for tomorrow at work.
It's very good, I like oatmeal and fruit, but it lacks the maple taste of McD's. Substitute a little maple syrup instead of all the brown sugar?
Yes, I'll definitely be making this again.