Friday, February 21, 2014

Mary

Who doesn't love Mary Engelbreit's pictures?
There's always a lot going on in them.
 
 
A man should choose a friend who is better than himself.
 There are plenty of acquaintances in the world;
 but very few real friends.
- Chinese Proverb
 
I always treat myself to A Mary Engelbreit planner/calendar every year.
Her pictures just draw me in.
 
 
I am currently reading "The Dressmaker"
by Kate Alcott.
 
Books about the Titanic fascinate me.
It's a good read and I recommend it.
 
What are you reading?
 
~b


2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I love her stuff too! Lately I've been wanting to redo the spare bedroom, but then I think what would I do with all of my M.E. stuff? Too cute to box up and it never goes out of style as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a fan of Mary Engelbriet for many years. The soft visual, colorful clarity she brings to her pieces wraps me up in the stories I have in my own life.

    I am supposed to be reading HOPELESS for my March book club. The key word is 'supposed' . . . I feel pressure in that and would rather be in the mode of choosing a book on my own and choose my own time frame to read the book. The positive though of a book club, I think, is that I find I am reading books I might not have plus there is a group with whom I can discuss the book.

    ReplyDelete