Friday, April 12, 2013

Prom Time

The fact that it's prom time here
and that I ran across this old photo while digging for another one...
well,
I thought it would bring a smile to your face.
It did mine.


Wow! I loved this dress.
Mom had a seamstress make it for me...
Helen Holten was her name.

It is made of two layers
with the top being a dotted swiss.
Remember dotted swiss?

Yellow must have been my favorite color back then too...
back then being 1970!

And is that an orchid corsage he bought me?
He being the same Mr. b. I am still madly in love with 43 years later.
I carried an orchid when we got married in 1972.

I wonder how high my hairdo really is?

b



3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh.....I love it!! I sure did bring a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet . . . a prom pic and the one you married too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure sweetness and innocence there!! I wonder if our mother had a hand in that flower choice? and where was dad... I bet there was a lecture to be heard that night!!

    ReplyDelete