Wednesday, March 6, 2013

wash soap


It's time for a new batch of laundry soap at our house...
and I really really like this homemade soap.


It's really good at doing it's job,
cheap to make and
so easy to mix together.

In case you haven't seen the recipe or lost it
here it is again.

Laundry Soap
3 bars Fels Naptha bar soap, grated
(you can also use Ivory, Castile, Zote or another bar)
4 lbs. Borax
4 lbs. Arm & Hammer washing soda
4 lbs. Arm & Hammer baking soda

Mix and store in airtight container
1-2 tablespoons per load

Makes 16 lbs. of detergent or 150 loads using 2 tbs. per load.
It makes NO suds but cleans supper well.

Cost to make - $12.63 or 8 1/2 cents per load

I don't think you can use it in front loading washers.
But there is recipes for liquid laundry soap on the internet also.


b

3 comments:

  1. I have seen this recipe floating around in the past few weeks. I wonder if it makes whites whiter? Thanks for passing this along . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne,
      It definitely makes whites whiter. And eliminates odors better than anything I've used.

      Delete
  2. I would like to try a batch of the dry stuff. I use the liquid form and really like it but can get a bit messy. They cost saving is well worth the little bit of work required!!

    ReplyDelete