Tuesday, March 19, 2013

tear down

They are tearing down our small town cafe today...
our only main street cafe.


When we owned the small dime store,
 just a few doors down from The Ponderosa,
we grabbed a lot of our noon meals here.

Some of our favorites were the
cream of vegetable soup
or if you were lucky it would be clam chowder,
crisscut fries with a ton of ranch for dipping
Indian Tacos on Tuesday
Fish Friday
a Denver sandwich
and their potato salad.
 I even got them to start calling me
 whenever they made carrot cake.

There was our kids induction into Honor Society 
and Mr. b's company Christmas parties in their banquet room.
They made our salads for both high school graduations.

So down it comes to make way for something new.

I guess you could say...
"For the times they are a-changin"

b

2 comments:

  1. Always thought I adjusted quite well to change, guess I don't like it as much anymore . . .

    Sad to see the old stand bys coming to an end . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Location, location, location!! If they would've been selling that great food in New York City, we'd be seeing it on the cover of Epicure or Bon a petite (you get my drift) God, I miss that carrot cake!!!!

    ReplyDelete