Monday, March 25, 2013

reflections

I had to chuckle at these
Reflections from Midwesterners
that I read in a magazine.

You know you're a Midwesterner if...

People wearing shorts to the grocery store in 10-degree weather don't surprise you.

You can tell a storm is coming because you have a sudden urge to make soup.

You have four seasons of clothes in your closet: early summer; hot, hot summer; fall into winter; and I-am-freezing-long-johns!

You measure traveling distance in time, not mileage.

You have a long conversation with a wrong number.
(this actually happened to me and we talked about the weather, ha.)

And my favorite...
You use the furnace in the morning. Open windows midmorning to let in fresh air. Close windows and turn on the air-conditioner to get rid of hot, humid afternoon air. Throw a log on the outside fire pit at night and enjoy the cool air again.

b

2 comments:

  1. This was fun . . . I can tell I am a midwestener . . . a little bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be able to take the darn, ugly plastic off of my windows so I can that exact thing with fresh air!!!

    ReplyDelete