Tuesday, September 6, 2011

tomatoes

The tomatoes in my garden are ripening quickly all of the sudden...
and it's about time.



I just plant a small raised garden so never have enough of anything to can all at the same time.
When I have a dishpan full of tomatoes I skin them and put them into quart sized freezer bags. I love the taste of garden ripe tomatoes in pasta or chili recipes.
And I love serving up a big bowl of pasta in these bowls
 I happened upon in a dollar store a few years ago.


Aren't they great? Each one has as different picture of a chef on it.
 And only a dollar each! I wish I would have bought 4 more.


This goulash is always a favorite at our house. b



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me, need to go water our tomatoes! I'll be making salsa next week, can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete