Tuesday, September 27, 2011

pumpkin living

Peter Peter pumpkin eater
had a wife and couldn't keep her...

he put her in a pumpkin shell
and there he kept her very well.

I sang this nursery rhyme to the granddaughters
as we passed the pumpkin field on our way to pick apples.

Makes me wonder who came up with these jingles?
Why couldn't Peter keep his wife?
and who lives in a pumpkin shell?


One of the girls says,
"Grama, that's just silly...do it again." ha.
After our apple picking we headed out to the pumpkin patch
and picked the three best pumpkins!

And all you wives out there...
behave yourselves or be ready to spend your life
in a pumpkin shell.
b

2 comments:

  1. I dont think I got a big enough pumpkin to live in?!!! Did you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ain't livin' in no pumpkin shell and if doesn't treat me better he can wear one his head! Looks like you found one very good reason to renew Picnik! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete