Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Old Books


I was so excited to find these old childhood reads in a antique store out west. I recall the first Bobbsey Twins book I owned, was I thrilled. And the first book I checked out from the local library - Little Women.

I have always loved to read and panic if I don't have a couple of spare books waiting to be read on the shelf. I love owning my own books but the price of them keeps me returning to the local library. I wonder how many books I would own if money was no object?

On the subject of reading books on a Kindle...I can't imagine losing the feel of a book in my hands. I sure hope this newest trend doesn't catch on. Wonder what a Kindle store would look like? Yikes. No libraries, no second-hand book stores, no book smell!

And worst of all no thrill of running across an old childhood book you read in the '60s. b

No comments:

Post a Comment