Friday, April 30, 2010

Giraffes and Gators


Aren't these bibs just too cute to spill strained carrots and peas on? Perfect for a little drool.

I even managed to get the rick-rack or alligator teeth on. I never could master sewing on rick-rack.

The very first dress I sewed in home ec was out of orange and white gingham with rack-rack. It had a mandarin collar and bell sleeves. I loved it. The second school project was a lined wool vest and skirt, the skirt with pleats! A far cry from the required pillow and sweatshirt my kids had to sew. (And yes, we really did have to walk a mile to school, one way! ha)

I have been hooked on fabrics and notions since having that first piece of gingham cut out at the local Skogmos store.

Gingham, calico's, dotted swiss, rick-rack...pure 70's. b

1 comment:

  1. To Cute!!! `r5aq21dsd That's Lei-a typing WAY CUTE!! :)

    ReplyDelete