Tuesday, April 27, 2010

hand work


Our daughter just listed her embroidered items in her Etsy shop - Unique Buy Me. Good Luck Tildy!

I still have the first dish towels our kids cross-stitched and running across them always makes me smile.

My memories of Grandma T. teaching us to embroider are vivid. What patience she had to have had and what fun we had. "Good work, honey-pal," she would tell us.

Grandma even commissioned little dresses for my sister and I in gingham with our initials embroidered on the collars.

I still love a pretty embroidery project. This pillow case I did for my daughter when she was a little girl is a favorite. b

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the talent has spread to the next generation! Grandma B would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pillow case and my strawberry shortcake were always my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete