Thursday, April 1, 2010

Eggs




I haven't dyed Easter eggs for years, maybe 13 to be exact, and even then our daughter always did them.


But found this old dye kit in the cupboard left over from my variety store days and decided it was time to dye eggs again. Call it a practice run and hope the gran-girlie's can help grandma next year.


The little guy discovering a rabbit in the corner is the girlie's dad and it was first fun Easter as parents. The year is 1979 and he is 13 months old.


I'm remembering the Easter our two kids couldn't find any baskets on Sunday morning when we discovered someone had locked the front door preventing the Easter rabbit from entering, but there they were! Out on our front step. What a close call that was... b

1 comment:

  1. Almost brings tears to my eyes (holding back at the office) recollecting all of our great growing up stories and the things you would come up with to keep us always guessing. I hope I am half the mom that you are some day! The big memory that ALWAYS comes to mind is waking up to you and grandma decorating my room for my birthday and there sits my new bike in all the streamers and balloons. Vivid as if it happened yesterday.
    Thanks for all the memories and a fantastic childhood!!! Love you mom and dad!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete