Thursday, April 15, 2010

Beer Bread


I don't drink beer, I don't like beer. But put it in batter and I love it, onion rings, fish, or beer and cheese soup! If you like Tastefully Simple's beer batter bread you'll appreciate this recipe for bread. Besides the savings, it's just as good. I like it toasted for breakfast with peanut butter.

Beer Bread

2 cups white flour

1 cup whole wheat flour

3 heaping tablespoons of sugar

2 teaspoons of baking powder

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 bottle of beer

Heat oven to 375, grease the pan. Whisk the dry ingredients together and add the beer stirring slowly until mixed. Pour into the bread pan and bake for 35 minutes then turn the loaf and bake for another 25 minutes or until the toothpick is clean and the loaf is golden brown. (I like to spread 1 tablespoon melted butter over the top before baking.)

No comments:

Post a Comment