Wednesday, September 25, 2013

pumpkins

There is something about driving rural roads
and ending up at a roadside stand 
full of pumpkins and gourds.


This is a highlight of my year...
I love fall!


Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.
 ~Jim Bishop


I have been coming to this same farm stand for years to buy my fall decorating items...
there is just something about it that draws me back every year.
I'm getting older but Mr. Larson just looks the same...
year after year after year...


Oh how we love pumpkin season.
 You did know this gourd-ish squash has its own season, right? 
Winter, Spring, Summer, Pumpkin.... 
We anxiously anticipate it every year. ~Trader Joes

Well said Joe...
b

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh.......Im drooling over them all! I love FALL.....I must get that from my mother?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something so brilliant about squash and gourds, pumpkins of all shapes, sizes, colors that draws us in to grab some of them up, bring them home to decorate and celebrate. Enjoy . . .

    ReplyDelete