Sunday, February 11, 2018

Happy Birthday

Mr. b had a big birthday yesterday...
hint: It may involve Medicare.
 
 
I was digging through a box of box of memorabilia
and found a pair of his grade school glasses.
So of course I made him model them.
 
Age is not how old you are;
but how many years of fun you've had.
 - Matt Maldre
 
 
No birthday at our house is complete
 without an angel food cake
with a pound of fluffy white frosting on it.
 
Mary Engelbreit illustration
 
Happy Birthday!
 
~b


1 comment:

  1. I like the look of your guy, he looks like a happy sort.
    Happy Birthday . . .

    The first cake I ever made was for my late husband for his birthday.
    His favorite cake, Angel Food.
    Invited friends over, whipped up that cake, oh my, I was proud.
    Until I took a look at it when it came out of the oven.
    I panicked . . . cut the bottom off, stuffed the holes,
    hubby came through the door with me in tears.
    The surprise was no more, I spilled the beans in tears,
    he ran to the store for a cake.
    This was 1961 in Milwaukee.
    Funds were limited, hubs was finishing up undergrad,
    I was teaching, no children yet.
    Friends arrived we all enjoyed a good time and a huge laugh at me.
    Love, love . . . the memories.
    Thank you for the Angel Cake pic. . . memories all came back!

    ReplyDelete