Thursday, January 9, 2014

Irish cables

I finished this knitting project Sunday night
 while watching Downton Abbey.
It reminded me of something
they would be wearing during this era and gave me the
much needed push I needed to finish it.
 
 
I think it was this long ago that I started it...
 
 
The cables that run along the edge are fairly new to me
and the cable needle I was using just wasn't fun at all.
 
Until I discovered these on etsy...
 
Easy, Awesome Cables with the CABLE-IT Kit - 5 hand carved, hardwood cable needles, case and booklet
It's so much easier to keep my stitches on these needles!
 
 
It's a beautiful scarf knit on the bias and
I love the look of cables...so Irish.
 
 
I don't think I'll be giving this one up.
 ~b


4 comments:

  1. Not even to your dearest, only daughter???? Come on mom.......PLEEEEEAASSSEEEEE!!!! :P
    It is beautiful and only rule is that I actually see you wearing it and not tucked away in a closet for a "special" occasion that never happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb,
    This is just lovely, and I love the color. Would you believe that I've never seen Downtown Abbey. A blog friend of mine told me that I must see it! It is such a talent when one can knit or crochet. My sister does both.

    I hope the new year is treating you good.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Downton Abbey look . . . and the only one you will giving that beautiful, cabled edged scarf to is ME. . . just in case, you know!
    Seriously, wear that with joy, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would make a perfect gift for someone I know turning 50 this year! It's even her favorite color....hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete