Thursday, July 18, 2013

It's that time again...

See that bit of red in my garden
 that the garden gnome and I are all excited about?


Yup, it's my first tomato for the season.


I know it's still a little green but I am not taking any chances
that I may have to share it with some greedy little worm.


Do you see this warty shell towards the bottom of this photo?
It looks like a crocodile.
I threw an old squash in my garden last season as
my lone attempt at composting, ha...
where it sat all winter freezing and rotting away.
I am excited to see the seeds from it have sprouted 
and I may be picking squash this fall.

I also have assorted pepper plants and brussel sprouts
growing in my little raised garden. ~b






3 comments:

  1. Thumbs up . . . You've got tomatoes! Sounds like squash & peppers too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give them some Miracle Grow and bring me some next weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This totally sucks! You are the second city folk I know to have red tomatoes! I'm so buried in cukes I don't have time to go hunt for a ripe tomato. I'm sure they're out there (probably for a week or better) Hey the worms gotta eat too!

    ReplyDelete