Thursday, June 13, 2013

empathetic monsters

Good grief...
knitting monsters is slow going - 


Eyes, ears, arms, legs!
All on circular and double point needles.


I have to say I love the colors I have chosen for them...
sage green and lavender...mmm
butter yellow and bright pink.

I have two granddaughters impatiently waiting for them,
the pressure is on.


Thought I would share a favorite slow cooker recipe of ours.

Sante Fe Soup with Melted Cheese
1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
15 1/4-oz. can corn, undrained
15-oz. can kidney beans, undrained
14 1/2-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
14 1/2 oz.- can stewed tomatoes
2 Tbs. dry taco seasoning
corn chips, or soft tortillas

1. Combine all ingredients except chips or tortillas in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on high 3 hours.
3. Serve with corn chips as a side, or dip soft tortillas in individual servings in soup bowls.

We like this year round...        b

2 comments:

  1. I will take one monster and one bowl of soup, please. Do you deliver??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do those little gals realize your talent! You are a whiz . . .
    I may ave to try that soup. No calories are there?

    ReplyDelete