Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Food Blog?

I'm wondering if I should turn my knit and pearl blog
into a food blog?
Oh ya! the food I would have to cook and share!
My photos would need to improve a lot.
 
 
We made a trip to our local Hudderite colony this morning before 9 a.m.
You have to catch them early...they get up with the robins.
The women were all sitting outdoors peeling garlic and onions...
what an enjoyable sight they make all chattering and laughing together.
Inside they were canning green beans.
 
 
Guess what we will be having for our supper tonight?
 
 
New potatoes, cabbage, corn, broccoli, cucumbers, green beans and garlic.
I also bought three dozen eggs.
I have made deviled eggs, creamed cucumbers and coleslaw.
There are eggs and potatoes cooling for potato salad.
I think I would make a fine little German Frau to live in this colony.
 
 
~b
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I would miss your “knit and pearl” posts.
    Not complaining about food pics though . . .
    We are having corn tonight . . .
    Not fresh from our favorite place yet . . . soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete