Tuesday, July 24, 2018

bakery

The doughnut pans I ordered from Amazon came this morning
and it didn't take me long to break them in.
 
 
It was fun playing bakery but I had some pretty high expectations.
I remember my mother making doughnuts...she deep fat fried hers.
They were to die for.
 
 
Old Fashioned Baked Cake Donuts
 
 
I hate to admit this but I think all that these are missing
is all that wonderful hot fat.
For now I'll console myself with the fact that these are a bit healthier
and keep looking for that ultimate recipe for baked doughnuts.
 
~b
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. A little bit of fat will be ok . . .
    (That is what I said for myself for the “deep fat walleye”
    I had the other night at the neighborhood fish fry!)
    I prefer walleye with no batter though . . . it is such a “good eat!”

    ReplyDelete