Thursday, July 19, 2018

comfort zones

This week I decided to dig into a project I've been savoring for over two years.
I knew the pattern was out of my comfort zone when it comes to making bags.
 
 
 
Daughter knit and pearl picked it out and gifted it to me.
I love the fabric...also off my radar.
It reminds me of the 60's.
 
internet image
 
It includes lots of fun hardware.
The bottom of the bag and grey trim is Craft Tex...
a tough paper that looks like leather and fabric.
I would have to say it was hard to work with
and not easy on my sewing machine.
But yes, I would use it again because I love the look and feel of it.
 
 
I liked the 60's fashions but not the home designs.
I've always been more of an antique girl.
 
 internet image


 
 
 
Now I need to go shopping!
 
~b
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. That turned out really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the fabric and the style of the finished bag/tote.

    ReplyDelete