Thursday, March 2, 2017

lemons

I was paging through my newest cookbook this morning,
The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Dessert Cookbook.
The photographs in it are so beautiful.
When I got to the spring section, page 105,  pound cake,
I knew I was going to be making a lemon pound cake today.
 

Not something I usually have on hand...
I sent Mr. b to the store for lemons.
Lemons, eggs and butter...
 
 
Don't even consider a recipe if it doesn't include butter and eggs right?
 
 
It looks pretty on my new table runner don't you think?
 
 
~b is for butter
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I had a question about salted vs unsalted butter yesterday.
    I had one stick of each.
    Chocolate chip cookies, BEST ever . . .
    I drove them north, put them in the mail box,
    texted my youngest high school senior grand,
    told him to go look in the mailbox,
    they were for him!
    And said, you can share if you want to . . ,
    b is for happy BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B is for beautiful table runner and cake!! Hmmm....think I need to make some of that now.

    ReplyDelete