Thursday, October 22, 2015

scrappy

Scrappy quilts are my favorite...
the way quilts were originally intended right?
 
scrappy maple leaf block
 
I'm calling this square for my Farm Girl Vintage quilt
the"Iowa maple leaf" block
 
 
I bought "my scraps" at the Fons & Porter Quilt shop
in Madison County Iowa.
Madison County is also famous for it's covered bridges.
Remember the movie...
The Bridges of Madison County
with Clint Eastwood?
 
 
It was a beautiful day to be shooting covered bridges...
even if the leaves weren't in full color yet.
 
 
 
I'm hoping to do a canvas of one of our pictures.
 
 
~b


2 comments:

  1. Great movie . . .
    Like your leaf quilt and pictures . . .
    A canvas you say??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday we will get to see that bridge (again as there is pic proof I was there as a kid).

    ReplyDelete