Tuesday, May 10, 2011

pretty flowers

Just like everything else at the wedding last week...
we flew by the seat of our pants with the flowers,
picking them up here and there,
usually at the grocery store.
These star-gazer lilies were beautiful.
We were sad to have to throw them away when we flew home.


I was so proud of us, none of us were buying into all that overpriced wedding crap...
flowers, caterers, ministers, photographers.
Even the bride's wedding dress was a steal online.


We enjoyed these fresh bouquets that we had rearranged.


A rose was given out to every woman to hold during the ceremony
 as a sign of love and friendship from the bride.


I was so happy that the bride chose to carry the same bible
 I carried at our wedding almost 39 years ago.
 The bible was given to me as a young girl from my grandmother.


Small orchids and lilies adorned the bible.
So beautiful...
and again at a fraction of the cost of traditional bridal bouquets. b





No comments:

Post a Comment