Wednesday, February 16, 2011

wagons

One of the fun fabrics I'm working with today...
Do you remember the old family station wagon?
I do!

Do you remember being 13 and what the family car looked like really mattered?
I remember the day mom and dad drove up in the driveway with the worst looking station wagon
I had ever witnessed. A two-tone baby blue and white 1958 Buick Roadmaster?
 The 13-year-old in me was thinking, "Please don't ask me to be seen in that!"
Now, 45 years later, I have lots of fond memories of that ol' wagon with it's worn out shock absorbers.
Us kids liked to sit in the very back of it for the fun ride it provided.
 Mr. b and I bought a wagon when our kids were young and probably embarrassed them too.
 They still talk about it also.

Grandpa had an old wagon like this for their flower business.
 I remember going with him to pick up flowers in a nearby town.
Isn't it funny how cars play such a big part in our lives in the way of memories? b

1 comment:

  1. oh you gave me another great idea for a blog post! I know just where to find a picture of our old station wagon! Lucky you to have memories of riding with Grandpa (of course that means you're that much older than me! Lucky me!)Cute material, how do you find all those cute patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete