Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Jack

First of all I have to say how much I appreciate Mr. b
 for always going along with the next project rolling around in my head.
 
 
This one all began last fall when I saw them on pinterest.
It was late in the season
so the hunt for birdhouse gourds was a little more difficult.
We finally found them at a roadside stand
 but they had just been picked and were a year out from drying.
We hung them by the chimney with care...just kidding...
we hung them in the garage for the winter.
This spring we discovered they were mostly all soft and moldy.
 Farmer Brown more than likely picked them too soon.
 Birdhouse gourds dry best on the vine.
 
 
So this year we were back looking for gourds that were already dried.
I cleaned them...Mr. b sanded them and carved them for me.
I stained them a nice orange color...
 

 
and walla!
 
~b
 


2 comments:

  1. These are so neat!! Great job Mr and Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. . .
    Jolly Jack’s!
    I have an itsy, bitsy gourd Jack . . .
    About the size of a ping pong ball . . .
    I may have to go searching for dried gourds . . .
    Love what you created!

    ReplyDelete