Friday, December 11, 2015

"Ulf"

 
I like Scandinavian Christmas decorating.
Red and white, all the clean lines.
This year I have been seeing a lot of elf dolls in magazines.
 
Staffan Ullströmin porojoulukortti.:
 
Scandinavian elves are referred to as gnomes, tomtes and nisse.
 
They are mythological creatures from Scandinavian folklore typically associated with the winter solstice and the Christmas season. It is described as being no taller than three feet and wearing a conical or knit cap in red. They are Swedish and Norwegian versions of Santa Claus.
 
Of course, I just had to have one for myself.
Which involved a lot of time looking for a pattern.
Searching for a pattern from another country is not that easy.
 
 
"Ulf" the elf.
 

I made my elf in the Tilda doll style.
 
 
I say goofy but cute.
 
Gnome with Tree by Three Sister's Studio:
 
 
Now, "Get to work Ulf!
Christmas is coming!"
 
~b
 


1 comment: