Monday, February 25, 2013

succulents

I loved all the succulent plants we saw in Port Richmond, California.

They were huge,
 I almost didn't recognize hen and chick plants they were so large.

When we got back from our trip I began to do a little
succulent homework.


They like a south facing window...
no chance of that in this house.


They can withstand cool night time temps
but like day time to be between 70 and 85 degrees.
We run our thermostat at 67 night and day.


Not too much water.
As one out of three works for me,
 I made the decision to go ahead and purchase three small plants.
They were very reasonable, $3.99 each.
Here is my little bowl of California...


Aren't they pretty?
 I will keep you filled in as to
whether or not I manage to keep them alive.

b

1 comment:

  1. I love succulents and really like your California bowl/presentation. Liking succulents and being successful raising them is another story for me. I currently have two succulents growing/existing here right now but I have also lost a few plants along the way. So I am wishing you all the best . . . very little water is needed, this I know!

    ReplyDelete