Wednesday, September 12, 2012

postcards from heaven

I have to share with you my find at auction this last weekend...
 
It was my aunt's auction and her and her husband were antique collectors,
and we knew that there may be a few collectibles from her parents,
who were also my mother's parents...
my grandparents.
 
It was hard to tell what may have actually belonged to my grandparents.
But when we spotted a shoebox full of postcards all addressed to and from them from the early 1900's...I knew they weren't going into the hands of strangers and I wasn't walking away without them.
 
 
They are simply fantastic! The oldest is dated 1906.
 
 
I will cherish them the rest of my life
 and then hope another family member keeps them safe one-hundred more years.
b


2 comments:

  1. Did you know, (I have done posts on postcards,) postcards are my favorite thing to collect. You have a treasure indeed, I look for anything before 1910. Love where they are from, who received, handwriting, the cards themselves. I hope you show us more. This was the communication . . . , often taking days and weeks to arrive. Can you imagine the excitement when a postcard would arrive! No instant gratification there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very neat!! I cannot wait to touch and smell them!! Such history.

    ReplyDelete